Seiten

Freitag, 1. November 2013

St Andrews

The autumn holidays in Thuringia are nearly over and I'm very glad I managed to complete my blog about my teachers' course in Scotland.


There are still two interesting excursions to write about. The one I start with today was a trip to

St Andrews. 

For all fans of the ROYAL FAMILY that must "ring a bell with you": It is the place where William & Kate fell in love while they both were studying at the university, which is the third oldest university in the English-speaking world, the oldest one in Scotland and one of Britain's most prestigious.
If you like, you can visit the website of the university: http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/

St Andrews is also known worldwide as the "home of golf".The Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews was founded in 1754.
Personally, I cannot imagine studying in such a small and quaint town. (St Andrews has about 17,000 inhabitants + 7,800 students in 2012) But, who knows - maybe they have a lot of hidden student clubs? Somewhere William & Kate must have met! 

 
 


 

Oldest golf course of the world

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen