Seiten

Sonntag, 17. November 2013

THE SHARD

 Friday was a free day!

Because the college was closed for a Graduation Ceremony we could use the time and the marvellous weather to explore the city. On Monday I will find out what my students did on that day, but I can show you what I did.
This is obviously nothing for people who are afraid of hights, but the view on that day was just... 

Breathtaking!


New skyscrapers in the City of London - the financial district

Tower Bridge

For more information on this ship:   http://www.iwm.org.uk/visits/hms-belfast

Can you spot the "Walki-Talki"?

... and the Gherkin?

Do you see St Paul's Cathedral?

Where is the London Eye?

Southwark Cathedral, Borough Market is under the roofs on the left and under the railway bridge


I had a great experience going up to the 72nd floor of western Europe's highest building, called THE SHARD. I went there via two lifts. I was extremely lucky to have the most beautiful weather you can have for such an occasion. For more information, see: http://the-shard.com/

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen