Seiten

Samstag, 26. Oktober 2013

Hello from Dunfermline in Scotland

Dunfermline / Scotland, August 2013


It has taken a long time before I could actually start continuing this blog, but Internet access in Scotland seems to be rather difficult.
At my host family I don't have WIFI, therefore I have applied for membership in the public library for these two weeks. But of course I'm not here for writing a blog, but because I should go to college and "brush up" my English.
I don't have time to be here every day.
I wanted to give you an impression on the town, but unfortunately, there seems to be something wrong with the page, so it might not work.

Erfurt / Thuringia, October 2013


...It is already October now - autumn holidays - which gives me some time to continue. As you can see, it did NOT work to post anything in Scotland!


Here are some impressions of DUNFERMLINE,
the historical capital of Scotland: 

High Street of the town that has about 39,000 inhabitants

Pittencrieff Park, donated by Andrew Carnegie one of the most famous people born there




Our walking tour guide - told us he was standing on William Wallace's "secret" grave!




Andrew Carnegie's memorial - have you heard of Carnegie Hall in New York City? It was named after the same man.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen