Seiten

Donnerstag, 31. Oktober 2013

Edingburgh Military Tattoo

One of the most amazing parts (my opinion of course!) of the Edinburgh festival weeks is an event which is called the 
"ROYAL EDINBURGH MILITARY TATTOO" and takes place on the Esplanade in front of Edinburgh Castle.
I had already booked my ticket for a performance earlier this year - just after I got the OK from the EU that I can take part in the course. The performances are all sold out, every evening about 10,000 people watch the performance which is a mix of traditional Scottish bagpipe music, traditional dancing - military bands and show groups from different countries take part: Last August I saw performers from Scotland and England of course, but also artists from Korea, Brazil, and New Zealand were there.

All in all about 1,000 performers take part in the performance. In this video you can see how all of them arrive at the esplanade by bus:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=191869264324867

Of course I took lots of my own pictures which I'm going to show you here. They are in the order I took them during the day: in the morning I went to the esplanade with my English friends who visited me for one day, then I have photos of the way to the castle before the TATTOO and of course picture of the performance itself.
Main entrance to the arena

Edinburgh Castle

Walking though the town to get to the arena, very well organised - see the huge structure of the grand stand

Approaching the main entrance



CHEERS! a glass of whisky to the success of the show







And this video shows this year's whole performance in one minute

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen